Eric Bishard – Web Developer
[!] What you need to know I Have
- FullSail Graduate(2001) – AS Degree in Digital Media.
- 13+ Years of graphic design & web development experience.
- Strong HTML, CSS, Photoshop, C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server skill set.
- Basic understanding of Angular, PHP & WordPress
- Solid grasp on Responsive Design Frameworks.
- Access to several training websites. I learn quick!
What I can bring to the table
Over a decade of web development, graphic and print design knowledge. I would like to put my current skills to work in a team environment building large, scalable applications. I have challenged myself for the past year by taking on projects that push my own limits and now I would like to take those skills and apply them in a speciﬁc area. I have experience building responsive web sites that enable my own clients to take advantage of not only the desktop, but tablets, phones and other smart devices. Currently I’m learning everything I can about ASP.NET, Data Access and Responsive Design. Although I’m looking for work in this area, I don’t mind working in other areas or learning alternate technologies such as Java or more AngularJS where my current skills are transferable.
Strong: Responsive Design, Foundation 5, ASP, ASP.Net, MVC, SQL Server, Visual Studio IDE
Entry Level: PHP, MySQL, PHP My Admin and WordPress
WEB DESIGN / OFFICE PRODUCTS
Visual Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, SQL Server, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Terminal Services
AUDIO/VIDEO, OTHER MEDIA & DESIGN
Flash, Ableton, Adobe Audition & After Effects
FULL SAIL EDUCATION, WINTER PARK, FL
Graduated in 2001 with an Associate of Science Degree in Digital Media
MACROMEDIA USER GROUP OF ORLANDO
I built the website for our user group and gave talks on Flash,Dreamweaver & database connectivity. Sat on the board of this group until Macromedia was no longer. I did not continue with the group past then.
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY.COM
COURSES COMPLETED FROM TRAINING SITES ABOVE
- C# From Scratch
- HTTP Fundamentals
- Facebook Platform Overview
- Responsive Design Fundamentals
- Introduction to WordPress Theme Development
- Internationalization in WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- Introduction to WebMatrix
- Introduction to ASP.NET 4 WebForms
- ASP.NET MVC 4 Fundamentals
- Building Applications with ASP.NET MVC 4
- Entity Framework 4.0 By Example
- ASP.NET MVC Scaffolding
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Applications Jumpstart
COURSES/BADGES COMPLETED FROM TREEHOUSE
- Front-End Track Courses Completed
- How to Make a Website
- HTML Deep Dive
- CSS FOundations
- Badges Earned
- Creating HTML Content
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets
- Debugging HTML and CSS Problems
- Responsive Web Design and Testing
- Customizing Colors and Fonts
- Styling Web Pages and Navigation
- Debugging HTML and CSS Problems
FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPER
I have been working as a freelance web developer for the past 10 years on the side of being a part-time Real Estate Appraiser. I build small to medium sized responsive websites for local businesses. A full list of all websites available to this date can be acquired upon request. I specialize in ASP.NET MVC using C# and Entity Framework and have limited PHP and MySQL knowledge for building WordPress sites. I am very comfortable designing and developing using Zurb’s Foundation 5 or Bootstrap.
I currently work for NDR Appraisal as an appraiser. In this job I drive all over Florida doing specialized appraisal services. Miami, Ft Myers, Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando and everywhere in between is my office from Wednesday to Friday. I am given a company car and debit card and required to keep receipts and mileage. I am trusted with sensitive client data and scheduling my own appointments when needed. Specialized skills require inspections and report writing of those appraisals.
SENSORY DESIGN GROUP
I worked for SDG Interactive from 2001 until 2004 and continued as an independent contractor from 2004 and continue to assist with consulting . This was a full service web design company with 50+ local clients most of whom I or my partner curated personally. I acted as a Senior Web Developer and SQL Server DB Manager. We used Classic ASP to develop managed & data driven content as well as basic HTML & CSS websites.